On The Roadside
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
On the Roadside is a turn-based strategy game in which you take control of a squad of mercenaries fighting for survival in a world shaped by unknown forces. It currently is on hold. If you want to contribute, you can find the source code on github.
- Turn-Based Combat: Combat in On The Roadside is taken in turns.
- Deep Combat Mechanics: Accuracy is simulated for each projectile and doesn't rely on simple "chance-to-hit calculations". Projectiles can penetrate and perforate objects based on their energy levels.
- Destructible Maps: Currently the map features destructible objects like windows, fences, and doors. Over time more tiles and objects will be implemented.
- ASCII-Graphics: Abstract representation through ASCII tiles combined with smooth animations and particles.
- Procedural Maps: In the future combat maps will be procedurally generated.
- Base Building: Improve your home base as you continue to explore the zone and try to find out what happened.
- Persistent Soldiers: Your team will gain experience, suffer from injuries and follow you from mission to mission. You will learn to love your veterans and try to save the rookies who are eager to prove themselves in combat.
- More more more ...: The game is far from a full release and a lot of things will change during the development - so stay tuned!
- Windows: Unzip the archive and simply run the OTR.exe
- MacOS: Unzip the archive and run the OTR.app
- Linux: Currently there is no build available for Linux. To run the game on Linux you will have to install the LÖVE framework which allows you to run the .love file directly.