A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
On the Roadside is a turn-based strategy game in which you take control of a squad of mercenaries fighting for survival in a world shaped by unknown forces. It currently is in the very early stages of development.
- Turn-Based Combat: Combat in On The Roadside is taken in turns.
- Deep Combat Mechanics: Accuracy is simulated for each projectile and doesn't rely on simple "chance-to-hit calculations". Projectiles can penetrate and perforate objects based on their energy levels.
- Destructible Maps: Currently the map features destructible objects like windows, fences, and doors. Over time more tiles and objects will be implemented.
- ASCII-Graphics: Abstract representation through ASCII tiles combined with smooth animations and particles.
- Procedural Maps: In the future combat maps will be procedurally generated.
- Base Building: Improve your home base as you continue to explore the zone and try to find out what happened.
- Persistent Soldiers: Your team will gain experience, suffer from injuries and follow you from mission to mission. You will learn to love your veterans and try to save the rookies who are eager to prove themselves in combat.
- More more more ...: The game is far from a full release and a lot of things will change during the development - so stay tuned!
This game is still in early stages of development by a one-man team (@rm-code). I'm developing this game on my own in my free time and while I'm determined to make it as good and complete as possible there is no guarantee that it will ever be completed. That's why currently I am using the "pay what you want option" - If you decide that my work is worth your hard earned cash, you are a lovely person and I like you <3
Click download now to get access to the following files: